Noah loves to go grocery shopping with me, but a most recent trip made the adventure even more appealing. Last week he noticed for the first time the mini shopping carts for little kids, so I let him try it out. He was so proud to be pushing his own cart. He dutifully followed me around the store (with froggy inside the cart) and insisted that everything I got go in his cart. A little way into our trip we stopped at the bakery since they give a free cookie to kids. I failed to realize that eating a cookie while pushing a cart would slow up our endeaver even more. From that point on our trip consisted of taking a bite of cookie, walking around to the front on the cart to lay the cookie by froggy, pushing the cart 10 steps, stopping, walking to the front of the cart to get the cookie, taking another bite, and repeating the whole process. I only had a few groceries to get, so I had the patience to let him enjoy his moment of glory and take joy in his joy. He was the hit of the store that evening.
We also think that Noah may have quit sucking his thumb cold-turkey. About 2 weeks ago Matt & I told him to stop sucking it about a half a dozen times & told him he was getting too old and that it wasn't good for his teeth etc. Well, since then, we had the week where he wouldn't nap well if at all. I finally put it together that he wasn't sucking his thumb to put himself to sleep any longer so he was having a really hard time settling down to fall asleep. Naps have since gotten better, but falling to sleep is still difficult. We haven't seen or heard him suck his thumb in about 3 weeks though! We can only hope he has quit for good. That would be one challenge we won't have to face in the future then!
The rest of us are doing good. Silas is still not fond of cereal & has been waking up too much in the night to suit me. He seems to be teething, but we can't detect any teeth yet. I have been keeping up with my running (& my appetite is keeping up as well!). It has been a really foggy week here. Matt & I were just saying how we didn't seem to get really bad fog the past couple of years. Well, the past week has made up for it. A few days it has stayed foggy all day. I actually kind of like it (when I don't have to drive in it). It's nice to have some sort of "weather" out here & it gives a nice, cozy, stay in the house feeling.
Cute post Kristi--like the story about Noah and the shopping cart. So fun! (any crashes? One time Emily tipped the little thing right over with all our groceries!) I like the picture with the hats too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post! HOW does Matt fit in that little tent!!??
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!