Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Oregon Coast Part #2 (Cannon Beach to Cape Perpetua)

The next stop on our trek down the Oregon coast was Cannon Beach.  We spent a few hours there enjoying the beach and then we hopped back in the van and made a stop at the Tillamook Cheese factory where we saw how cheese was made and where we enjoyed some really delicious ice cream.  The following day we traveled down to Cape Perpetua.  Prior to our trip I didn't really think the Oregon coast could top the California coast, but I have to say I think the Oregon portion is more dramatic and beautiful.  Cape Perpetua in particular was stunning.  This was one of the boys' favorite spots as well.  They had so much fun climbing around on all the rocks and doing some tidepooling.  

Cannon Beach

One of the many great views along our drive

The view from atop Cape Perpetua


Sunset view from atop Cape Perpetua


Waves splashing up after hitting the rocks near "Devil's Churn"



The "blowhole"

Our campsite clown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers