Almost every "Me and Mommy Day" as Silas calls it consists of doing some puzzles. Silas has always loved doing puzzles. A few weekends ago we took the boys to "Toys R Us" so that they could each pick out a toy to buy with their birthday money. Silas was not interested in buying any toys that I suggested so I finally asked him if he wanted to buy a puzzle and he said "yes!" Unfortunately, there was only one 60 piece puzzle and we weren't all that thrilled about it. We almost decided to just order a puzzle from Amazon, but we finally concluded that we could let him get a 100 piece one and we would just have to help him with it. We found an ocean animal one that he was excited about (he also loves ocean animals). By the time we got home it was bedtime so we promised him we would fix it the next morning. Of course he did not forget and I woke up to him and Matt diligently working on the puzzle. We also found out that the outlines of the fish glow in the dark, so for more than a week now, we have been reconstructing the puzzle, placing it on a cookie sheet, sitting it under a light, and setting it next to his bed at night. In the morning we see Silas walking out of his room with his puzzle on the cookie sheet ready to fix it again. I had a pretty busy morning this past Thursday, so instead of helping him that day I just sat by him at the table and did some paperwork. He did the whole thing himself without any of my help and he was very proud of himself!
Great Job, Silas! I am so impressed!
ReplyDeleteRachelle