Sunday, September 22, 2013

A camping trip to remember!

Our last camping trip was a little more memorable than we had hoped for!  It all started off great as we headed to Dinkey Creek with some friends.  We were all ready to escape the September heat and enjoy some cool weather & great scenery.  The first night was rather uneventful, we enjoyed a delicious meal and the kids just loved running around playing.  However, about noon the next day Noah experienced his first bee sting.  There were "meat bees" up there and he just happened to get stung and bit by one.  I guess it feels more like a hornet sting than a bee sting.  Needless to say I had a crying boy for about 20 minutes and I was afraid he would never leave the tent again, but I did manage to coax him out.  After that we were able to enjoy a nice afternoon at the creek.  There were a lot of rocks for the kids to play on and slide down.  Silas was exhausted after our nice little trip to the creek and he soon fell fast asleep in the tent.  I decided to wake him up after about an hour because it was getting late and I wanted him to fall asleep that night, but that was a huge mistake!  He proceeded to cry for the next hour.  It was to the point where I thought he was getting sick, but I guess it was just a really bad time to wake him up.

Now for the interesting part..... about 4 in the morning Matt woke up and got up to go to the bathroom.  I heard some "noises" in there and thought he might be sick.  He wasn't feeling well at all when he got back to the tent & within a few minutes he was in immense pain.  He was in so much pain that he said we needed to go.  I was wondering how in the world I was going to get the kids and the tent & all our camping gear packed up to go at 4 in the morning without his help.  He kept insisting that his pain was really bad, so I woke up our friends who told us to go and to leave the kids & all our camping stuff with them.  Thus we embarked on a 1.5 hour drive down the curvy mountains with Matt in severe pain.  We had to stop once for him to throw up some green stuff.  I had been with my dad before when he had experienced a kidney stone, so I had thought that was a definite possibility, and sure enough the minute we walked in the Clovis ER they knew he had a kidney stone.  I guess everyone who has one acts the same!  For the first time in his life getting a shot hardly phased Matt!  However, the shot only took the edge off, so they gave him more pain killers via IV.  The CAT scan revealed a 2mm kidney stone that was almost to his bladder (I guess once it gets to the bladder most of the pain is over).  Once they sufficiently got his pain under control, they released us and he passed it at home later that night.  We actually beat our poor friends home who were stuck with taking care of our kids and packing up all our gear.  We are so thankful for their help - I guess will see if they ever want to go camping with us again!

Here's some pictures from the good part of the trip.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers