Sunday, September 11, 2011

Saturday Project

Matt & Noah helped me finish my dining room wall project on Saturday.  Noah wanted to help with every step of the project.  They had 12 "pictures" to put hangers on and hang on the wall.  It was a bit tricky to get all 12 of them lined up perfectly, but in the end I believe we succeeded.  I think I am happy with the end product.  Hopefully I don't change my mind in a few months!  But if I do, at least it was a pretty cheap project - some wood (that Matt nicely routered for me), scrapbook paper, spray paint & Mod Podge was about all that was involved.  If only the boards hadn't warped when I layed them outside in the sun to spray paint them it would have been a fairly simple project as well.  We had to set the warped boards in the sun with the other side up to try to get them to warp the other way.  After a couple of time of warping & overwarping & rewarping etc etc, they were finally back to a fairly flat state.  Let's hope they stay that way now!

Noah making sure his board was level.

Hammering Away

The final product
The Ball Boy


Silas stayed busy playing with balls while the project was going on.  He absolutely loves balls.  A good portion of his wakeful hours involve picking up balls, throwing them, chasing after them, repeat, repeat, repeat.  If Noah liked balls at this age then Silas is a fanatic.  In fact, he just starting saying "ball" this week - I think it is his first real word!  He has also mastered standing and has quite good balance (he will stand next to a volleyball lift it up & throw it) but he hasn't gotten the urge to start walking yet.  One of these days he'll start walking & then maybe we can get a fall camping trip in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers